Thursday, April 15, 2010

What This Amputee Blog Is About

I am an amputee. I hope this blog can be a place where current amputees, future amputees, and family members of amputees can come and support each other through the good times and the bad. It doesn't matter is you are a leg amputee, arm amputee, quadruple amputee, or not even an amputee at all, you're all invited.

Share with me your stories, battles, victories - I want this to be an open forum. If you see a new technology, let's talk about it; a cool video, let's watch it.

Why did I start this blog?

At the age of 18, I was diagnosed with cancer in my left foot. That diagnosis led to 8 months of intense chemotherapy and the amputation of my left leg below the knee. One of the greatest assets I had at the time was my best friend's father, who was an amputee himself. His words of encouragement and advice gave me the strength and courage I needed to come out on the other side. Because of him, I decided to enjoy life, not just live it.

Here's to life! I am an amputee.

No comments:

Post a Comment