Thursday, April 29, 2010

College Engineering Majors Create Prosthetic Hand


I found this story online earlier today. It's about a team of BYU undergraduate engineers who create a prosthetic for Jeane Taylor, a finger and leg amputee, for their school project. Awesome story. I could really feel for Jeane when she was explaining the things she missed doing. It’s always the little things, the things you don’t even realize you can do until you can’t do them anymore. Also, what an awesome project these college engineers worked on! They used what they learned from their schooling to make a difference in this amputee’s life. I wish I had more projects like that when I was in college.

Reading the story begs to ask the question: Form or function? Right now, I would have to agree with Jeane, the amputee in the story, function is more important than form. But what do you think? Have you run into anything that combines the two successfully? Let’s hear what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment