Monday, April 26, 2010

The Effect of a Great Prosthetist on an Amputee

I went and visited my prosthetist this last Friday, and it got me thinking about how many I’ve been through in the past. My current prosthetist, Wendy at Specialized Prosthetics and Orthotics (SPOT, now part of the Hanger network), is great. She really takes the time to listen to what is going on and figure out a solution to the problem. There have been multiple times when I was at an appointment for 1-2 hours while she tried everything she could think of to solve my problems. She’s great, along with the whole team at SPOT, and if you are in Utah, I highly recommend you check them out. Their support has made all the difference in the world. As an amputee, I understand the importance of a great prosthetic, and in turn, a great prosthetist.

How do you find a good prosthetist? It took a while for me to find one that I really liked and could recommend. What suggestions do you have for other amputees looking for information?

No comments:

Post a Comment